Tent fire kills infant in Idlib’s Kherbet Eljoz
Date: 2018-11-17 10:17
An infant died on Friday (Nov. 16) in a fire in a camp in Kherbet Eljoz village in Idlib western countryside, Orient correspondent said.
A newborn infant died on Friday when fire devoured her tent in Shohadaa Syria camp, Orient correspondent added.
The camp management said the fire started due to a malfunction in the primitive heater and using poor quality of refined or unrefined fuel.
Most internally displaced persons (IDPs) lack means of heating and resort to improvised solutions that are not safe. Moreover, the quality of the majority of the heaters in the camps are bad.
Low temperatures aggravated the suffering of the IDPs who have to endure dire conditions in inadequate makeshift tents.
It is worth mentioning that the scarcity of heating fuel forces IDPs to use risky hazardous methods of heating such as burning wood, paper, and plastic which lead to asphyxia and fires accidents.