Al Bab car bomb death toll rises to 18, perpetrator detained
Orient Net 2019-11-17 07:06:00
The death toll in al Bab city caused by a car bomb left by Ali Yusuf Mahmood, a Syrian man from Menbij, has risen to 18, according to the local military police in the city.
The victims' relatives and locals gathered in front of the police headqauters in al-Bab calling the execution of Mahmood who brought the car bomb from al-Hamra town in the PKK-affiliated PYD-controlled Menbij.
Earlier on Saturday the Turkish Defence Ministry said that a car bomb attack by Syrian Kurdish fighters killed 10 people and wounded more than 15 in Al-Bab, which Turkish forces seized in a 2017 offensive.
Turkey's state-run Anadolu news agency said that 18 people were killed and at least 30 others were wounded in the attack. It said several cars and buildings in the vicinity of the blast had also been damaged.
Video recorded by the civil defence group 'White Helmets' showed an injured man being pulled out from underneath the rubble.
Turkey and its Syrian opposition allies have so far mounted three separate offensives in northern Syria against ISIS and the YPG Kurdish militia, seizing areas along its border. They launched another offensive against the YPG in northeastern Syria last month.