Canada: Man charged with murder after shooting at mosque

Canada: Man charged with murder after shooting at mosque
Alexandre Bissonnette has also been charged with five counts of attempted murder in connection with the shooting at the Quebec Islamic Cultural Centre late on Sunday.

Quebec police had earlier said that a second man arrested following the attack was now being treated as a witness.

Six people, ranging in age from 35 to 65, were killed in the shooting, while five were in critical condition and 12 others suffered minor injuries.

More than 50 people were at in the mosque when the shooting erupted.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said in a statement: “We condemn this terrorist attack on Muslims in a centre of worship and refuge. It is heart-wrenching to see such senseless violence. Diversity is our strength and religious tolerance is a value that we, as Canadians, hold dear.”

التعليقات (0)

    0

    الأكثر قراءة

    💡 أهم المواضيع

    ✨ أهم التصنيفات