Azaz blast victims brought to Turkey for treatment

Orient Net 2017-01-08 05:06:00

expressive image

Victims of a deadly blast in the northern Syrian town of Azaz were brought across the border to Turkey for treatment on Saturday (January 7), Orient News correspondent reported.

A fuel truck exploded in the busy centre of an opposition-held town near Syria’s border with Turkey on Saturday, killing at least 60 civilians and wounding dozens more.

In unsourced comments, Turkey’s privately-owned Dogan news agency said a car bomb planted by Islamic State was responsible.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility from the terrorist group.

Saturday’s explosion was heard across the border in the Turkish town of Kilis, Dogan added.

Anadolu said 23 wounded people had been taken by ambulance to Kilis hospital, one of whom subsequently died.

Footage shows the wounded arriving at a Turkish state hospital in Kilis for treatment.

Syria’s nearly six-year war has created a patchwork of areas of control across the country, and Azaz is a major stronghold of the Turkish-backed Free Syrian Army (FSA).

Comments